Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Burned

I feel like, since I discuss Reese's random injuries fairly often, I should discuss my most recent.

I burnt myself with a curling iron Saturday night. Yesh, brilliant, huh? So, I have a spot up near my hairline on my forehead somewhere between the size of a nickel and a quarter (probably close to a quarter) that still hurts, is still pinkish-red, and had a blister apparently, that popped on Monday. I managed not to look at it most of Sunday, so Mom and Dad didn't realize I didn't know it was as bad as it was. I somewhat freaked when I reached up and came away with wetness (I have a bad habit of running my hand over my forehead, usually up into my hair). Sorry for the 'ick' mental image...

So, I am still living on ibuprofen, and we got my doctor to call me in some silver sulfadize-whatsawhosit stuff for burns that I've been applying to it since last night. I'd take a picture and post it, but I have a bright yellow band-aid (attractive, I know) across my head and just doctored it up. I tend to keep a band-aid on it at home because of the aforementioned habit- and running your hand, not exactly gently, over a burn is painful. And it keeps the goop out of my hair.

Yeah, only going to let licensed professionals use curling irons on me from here on out...which does not and most likely never will include me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance