Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Red 40

It appears Reese may be following in my footsteps in the area of the dye Red 40 causing her to be hyper. When I was younger, I couldn't have anything red after roughly 6 in the evening, or I was a pain to get to sleep- hyper as could be. I've outgrown it since then, but apparently, Reese is taking up the torch. Recently, Dad introduced her to strawberry milk, and she loves it. Prefers it over the formerly beloved chocolate milk now. She's been drinking it for maybe 2 weeks now, but over the last several days, it's gotten more difficult to get her to go to sleep, and she's hyper in the evenings. Of course, maybe it's just the recent influx of Red 40 she's had. We've had Twizzlers around here for a day or two, and she loves those too. Red 40, right there on the box. Either way, tonight makes 2 nights in a row she's been a pain to get to sleep. I can hear Mom, Dad, and Reese in their room sitting in here in the living room, which isn't that far, but the fact of the matter is, it's 10 pm, and she's not asleep.

Reese has an in-office pressure check tomorrow. It should be interesting, as Mom isn't going with us. It will be Dad, Reese, and me. Hopefully, she'll let them do what they need to do, get the reading, and we can go. I'll let you know how that all turns up.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance