Sunday, November 17, 2013

Less than 24 hours until wheels up!!!!

From the mama:"Our first flight leaves Little Rock at 5:45 am, headed to Chicago. For those of you who know me, this seems like a grave error on my part. My reasoning- I wanted to land in Beijing while we still had daylight, and I knew I wouldn't be sleeping the night before anyway...so thanks to Todd Gallinek, we have these flights, and I am thrilled.

The insomnia kicked in last night. We are so excited, and there are still things we have to do (shopping for gloves, since I can't find my stash from last season). Last minute laundry. Packing and re-packing. Making the list and checking it twice.

We hope as many of our friends and family will come to the airport on December 8, at 11 something in the am, to meet our new daughter (and see our jet-lagged selves). We will actually be landing in the US on December 5, in Washington DC. Our original plan was for us to come home, and James and Reese to fly to DC for the Irish dance competition (Southern Region Oireachtas 2013). But our consulate appointment has us coming home that very week. So Ana-Cherie will be introduced to Irish dance by full immersion!! (And I hope she is not disappointed when we FINALLY get home, and she finds out we don't live in a nice hotel.)

Prayers are appreciated. Specifically, for safe travels, no health issues, for Ana-Cherie to transition well into our family, and for us to be mindful of what is best for her. "

1 comment:

likeschocolate said...

Congratulations! So excited for you ! I hope you have a safe journey and can't wait to follow your journey!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance