Monday, May 5, 2014

Seizures and stuff...

We live in the blogger land of good intentions. We rock along and it's seems like nothing exciting is happening, and so we don't post. Then life gets REAL exciting, and we don't post because things are crazy, or we are reeling from events, or we are trying to wrap our heads around what to say.

Today, I am suffering from the latter and not the former.

Friday, I got a call at work that Ana-Cherie had probably had a seizure because her left side was acting funny again. Have you ever seen a seizure? I had only seen a couple at this point, so it didn't surprise me that no one saw it happen.

Today is Monday. How can it only be Monday? I have lived and died a thousand times in the last 72 hours. Seventy-two hours ago I could say, with honesty, that I didn't know what a seizure looked like in Ana.  As I write this, I understand that she was having seizures all the time. I just didn't know it.

I have seen the seizure that causes her whole body to shake, even though it is mainly affecting the left side. I have seen her stare at  her leg as though we are playing some cruel joke, and making it twitch and jerk with a hidden string.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance