Monday, December 17, 2007

December Birthday Party


Reese and me.

Reese and Daddy (she loves her Halloween costume...can you tell?)

Me and Papa Jim (Mom's Dad)

All the December b-days...and Reese. She snuck in there.
Back row(L to R): Papa T., Scott, Uncle Jeff. Front row (L toR): Mom (Cheryl) and Me (Monica)...and Reese. LOL.
We have a large amount of birthdays in December on my Mom's side of the family, so, some how, in the midst of all the holiday-ness, we manage to get together to have a "December Birthday Party". We all meet up in Danville (non-December birthday people, too), and do something along the lines of celebrating. At just short of 17, I'm the youngest of the December brood.

I have also been sick with some sort of throat infection since Friday morning, but got started on a dose of antibiotics Saturday, when Mom dragged me out of bed to go see the doctor in the cold and slightly wet. Luckily, Dad wasn't with us, so I was able to keep the heater cranked up, which Dad doesn't tolerate. Sunday, when we went to Danville, I was feeling better (as in I wasn't willing to rip out my own throat, it hurt so bad), but I was still lacking in most any form of perkiness or glee. In fact, I passed out, curled up on the recliner.

Traveling takes a lot out of a person, particularly a sick person, so I spent all day today sleeping, "recovering". I woke up and felt horrible, and promptly went back to sleep. For the rest of the daylight hours. Mom is also sick, and stayed home from work today due to pukiness and headache. And today was her birthday, so pray for "feel-better-ness".

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I hope you all feel better soon. Being sick is no fun...especially this time of year...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance