Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I have finished the top of Reese's OHGWQ! And 20(+) questions.


I have finished piecing the top of Reese's 100 Good Wishes Quilt. YAY! Now, I just have to buy batting and backing and get around to actually quilting it. It is about 55" by 78".

I am collecting squares for my nephew, Jonathan's, 100 Good Wishes Quilt now. I have 45 so far, 6 without wishes connected to them (a nice lady sent me some spare gender neutral fabric she had- thanks!).

I am so proud of this quilt top. It's not perfect, not by far, but it's made with love, and that's the important thing...and the whole point of OHGWQ.

Also, I have decided that I would like to do a 20(+) questions post/series. I'm sure somebody here has questions. So, please, ask away. If it is not too personal, I'll do my best to answer it. I love comments, and I don't mind answering people's questions, particularly about living with Reese's SNs and things like that, because the only way to raise awareness and understanding is to answer people's questions. I feel that way not only about Reese's special needs, but about adoption, in general. People have a tendency to be afraid of or make inaccurate assumptions about things they don't understand. Like, until recently, I was scared to ever do domestic adoptions (not that we're thinking of any) because I, and my family, have always been worried about the birth mother coming back, wanting her kid, and the court ruling in her favor. A friend of our's who works for Dillon International as a social worker and has a little girl from Vietnam recently corrected me on that so-called "fact". It really doesn't happen that often, but the only domestic adoption stories you ever hear about are the horror stories, where the family loses a child they've raised its entire life to the birth parents due to court law. Until she told me that, I was propagating a myth that may or may not have stopped some families from adopting these children that so very need homes. So I have an all new understanding in the fact that questions NEED to be asked. So ask away everyone in internet-land. I will do my darndest to answer them. I think this could be really fun and informative, but I can't do it without audience participation.

Thanks!
~Monica (and Reese)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you explain what a OHGWQ is? I've never heard of one before but it seems like a cool idea. And yours looks great so far!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance