Friday, May 16, 2008

Greek Food Fest


Reese in her stroller

Me before I was dressed to dance

Some people from my dance school, including myself, danced at the Greek Food Fest this evening. It was fun. The Greek Food Fest is pretty nifty in and of itself. Reese got to bounce on one of those blowup bouncy things, made a visor, and got a butterfly painted on her hand. Mom got baklava.

One thing I've noted about kids: if they get tired or hungry, they melt down. It's the end of the world. I don't usually talk about the downside of having small children, but we probably had 3 or 4 meltdowns from the time we left Greek Food Fest to when we got home. We left at roughly 8:30-ish and didn't get home until after 9, so it was late. This is a reality no one tells you about before you get small children. Now, I know not all children are like that. Some miraculously give up naps at 2.5 years old. But a lot throw fits when they get tired or hungry. Reese was both.

Up until the meltdowns, it was a pretty good night. I love performing, so that was really fun.

There should be more pictures, but I uploaded them and deleted them off my camera, stupidly. Apparently, all of them didn't download, somehow. *pout* I'm not sure what happened.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance