Monday, September 15, 2008

Zhong Qiu Jie!


Mom and Reese

Me and Reese

Charlotte's daughter, Rebekka's son, Cayden. I had to share this picture because I love it. It's gorgeous.
Heather reading the Moon Festival legend

A picture I took of last night's Harvest Moon

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival every one!

Yes, it was yesterday. But this post is about the FCC-CA's Moon Festival. I did the Silent Auction and took pictures. A special thanks to all of our donors for the Silent Auction, and a special thanks to Sue of Unique Furniture for letting me borrow the gorgeous screen to use as a background for my pictures.

We had a good time. Reese got to hang out with other adopted children and revel in the Americanized version of a homeland holiday. Maybe one day we'll get it more accurate, but it was fun. And most American kids don't really get tradition anyway.

We had games and candy, and Reese loved it. She terrorized Zach, Ben's brother, with a Chinese yo-yo for probably a good 20 minutes.

We had a great time and I hope everyone else did too.

ZHONG QIU JIE!

3 comments:

Charity, Katie, Louie & Natalie said...

I looks like a fun time. Hopefully I will be in town and able to come next year. I love Reese's hair...so cute!

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

I have been reading you blog and think you have a beautiful family! My daughter, Greer, also has a PWS.
Best to you and yours...I look forward to keeping up with you!

Staci said...

Hey Monica!! Oh wow does Reese look absolutely GORGEOUS in her Chinese outfit! I cannot believe how long her hair is!! What a gorgeous girl she is!!! :)
~Staci

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance