Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Trip Down Memory Lane

Reese, in her digging for something to watch, found an old VHS home video today. It's back from Christmas 1992, December 27, to be precise. Almost 16 years ago. It's a video of me, trying to play Nintendo with my brother (who is 6 years old than me), riding a tricycle inside my great-grandparents' house, walking around outside their house, sitting on a horse, talking in semi-understandable 2 year old speak (I was a week removed from being 1). All curly hair and chubby cheeks and incredibly reminiscent of Shirley Temple at a young age. I got called Shirley Temple by some lady at a store one time and adamantly replied: I am NOT Shirley Temple!

Even as a small child, I was highly opinionated.

I lost my curls at roughly 5 or so. My hair still has a wave to it, and is thick as all get out, but it's not those Shirley Temple ringlets any more. If it was, I wouldn't need a wig for dance. I wish I had some way of putting some of the video on here, but VHS isn't as technologically advanced as DVDs would be.

But they are more child-proof. *shrug*

So here's a song (with lyrics) I thought of as I was watching that video. Christmas 1992.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Monica,
I haven't stopped by your blog for awhile, so I just thought I'd say hello. Reese has gotten so big. I can't believe how grown up she looks!

Donna said...

Hi Monica! I've tagged you on my blog!

lenaandmacey.blogspot.com


Donna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance