Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Reese in one of my old t-shirt (you know there's something wrong with juniors sizing when a 19 year old can hand down a t-shirt to her 6 year old sister).
The Penguin Cake.
  Yesterday (Dec. 20) was my 20th birthday. We went to my favorite local pizza place and ate. Joseph's (my fiance, for those of you who don't know/remember) family came, and his mother, who is going to make our wedding cake, wanted to make me a cake. So she did. She asked Joseph what I like, and as of late, I have a thing for penguins. The whole "mating for life" thing, so Joseph and I go around teasing each other going 'be my penguin?'. LOL. Joseph told her penguins and the above is what came of it. Isn't it amazing?!?     
Little did I know that, attached to the fishing line (the penguins were fishing, lol), there was a gift. I had to pull the string out, and there was a present baked into the cake! It was the niftiest thing. It was a cute little penguin necklace, which is just lovely.

Mom and Dad got me an iPhone (which is awesome, since I am an Apple junkie). My cell phone was due for an upgrade and what an upgrade that is! I love it, it's an awesome phone, although it is a good deal different from my BlackBerry curve. 

So I had a good day. Joseph got me 2nd row on the floor tickets to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra when they came to town on the 18th, so we went to that together. Obviously, he couldn't give me that gift on my birthday. :) Absolutely amazing show, though. If you've never heard Trans-Siberian Orchestra (TSO), I highly advise them. They make Christmas music amazing again.

Thanks to everyone who made my day awesome!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance