Sunday, December 19, 2010

Solo Dress For Sale

I'm not sure how many Irish dancers read this blog, but I figured I could post this anyway.

Front view

Back view

Sleeve

Underskirt

Without the jacket

This dress was designed by Kara Designed . I was the second owner, the first being the dress designer's daughter. It was worn 3 times by the first owner before retirement, and I've had it for a year, probably approximately 8-10 more wearings. It is a very convenient two-piece style dress.

"It is a 5-panel with sewn sequin pleats. The sleeves and upper bodice are made from a beautiful berry sequined tulle overlay. She received so many compliments the times she did wear it and I have added more bling to make it sparkle even more than it already does.

The measurements are:

Chest 37

Waist 32

Sleeve 24

Shoulder to waist 17.5


Waist to hem 16 in

Total body length from shoulder to hem 33.5 in"

That is the original sale post from when I bought it. Since then, we have let out the inside bodice/top out an inch or two, and the jacket out about 2-3 inches. I am 5'3" and it is just too short for me to wear, ending just below my bottom. It may suit someone better with less bottom, or slightly less hips, allowing it to hang slightly lower. Or just someone shorter.

It has a beautiful soft cape made to look like the sleeves. It has no bloomers to go with it, but the underskirt is a pretty black and white print, so plain black bloomers work fine with it. It also is a softer skirt in the back, which is wonderful for being able to sit down. :) I have 2 handmade, homemade tiaras/headbands I made that I will send with the dress.

Asking $700 OBO. Offers will be considered. For more information, please email at mldavidson2009 at gmail.com (removing the 'at' of course).

It's a very pretty dress, well received, and the colors are just gorgeous. I'd love to continue wearing it, but it is just too short for me.

These were all taken from the dress, not on a person.

Neck to hem (back side): 32"
bodice length (back side): 18.5"
skirt length (which starts under the bodice): 15.5"
sleeve length: 24.5"
Inside the jacket from side seam to side seam: 17"
zipper seam to side seam: 9"
shoulder seam to shoulder seam (back): 16"

If there are any other measurements you would like, please PM me or email me and I will see what I can do.

This is a really gorgeous dress, really shines on stage with all the sequins. It was worn by a 16+ age dancer, but could easily be worn by someone younger.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance