Sunday, June 24, 2007

Is this a title?


Dad with his water "gun" (also known as The Water Bottle for when the cats are doing something they shouldn't....has a nice range)

Brandon with the Simple Green bottle...which has virtually no range...

Mom trying to help Brandon.



Kai Jin's and my older sister, Michelle, and her son (our nephew) Brandon

Hopping up and down and clapping.


Watching Brandon as he waits outside the bathroom door for Michelle.

Have yogurt, will travel.
Yeah, random.

Update time, I suppose, since people have probably been chomping at the bit (equestrian terms) for a while. And just so everyone knows: I'm more likely to post when I get comments because then I don't feel like no one cares and I am simply posting to whatever alien truly runs the world-wide web and knows our every thought, google, email, and IM. Yeah, there you go, that's my conspiracy theory for today.

So, Friday...what happened Friday....Oh, yeah. I went and applied for a job at Bedford's Camera and Video on Rodney Parham. So pray, meditate, whatever your form of speaking to your said higher being, that I get the job, because that is totally my dream job...for all the fact that I'm 16 and dream jobs I actually have access to are limited.

Saturday, Michelle and her son, Brandon, came over. Her husband was working and her daughter, Kaci, was out of town. So they came over and hung out and played with Kai Jin and Dad made pork ribs on his new smoker-grill thing. Dad and Brandon had a spray bottle fight. Which was totally hilarious, excuse the sentence fragment.

Today, Mom started cleaning out the garage from the 500 (okay, it was only like 3) yard sales we've had over the last 3 or so years. Dad worked on Grandma's ramp into the shop...and Grandma Debbie was cleaning her room, when Kai Jin wasn't terrorizing her. And I was caring for Kai Jin so she wouldn't, in theory, bother Grandma Debbie.

My sister, Wendy, still hasn't had her baby...we've been thinking she'll have her at any moment for the last week, plus a day or two.

I have made 2 batches of egg-drop soup over the last 2 days, prior to which, I had never even thought to make egg drop soup. Kai Jin loves it, so I make it...and she can eat all of it that a 14 oz. can of chicken broth will make-so apparently my soup is acceptable.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVED spending the day with Reese on Saturday! She makes it so easy to fall in love with her! I think I had forgotten how much fun it can be to be a big sis!

Stacey said...

I'll comment...please keep posting even if I don't comment! I check your blog at least once a day...I'm not kidding. I just looked at your "Life Through the Lens" blog too. You really are a talented photographer. I enjoyed your comments about eating no meat. Good job for taking care of yourself and your health. I'm working on that right now too...I have a lot of weight to lose.

Liz said...

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with Reese. I've been checking your blog almost daily since you guys left for China. Reading about families like yours right now is one of the things that really helps to give me hope that eventually we will get to bring our daughter home. We made the decision to adopt in Feb of 2005 but had to wait until spring of 2006 to get started. Our LID is 7/22/6, so we've waiting almost a year since then. It looks like we have another year and a half to go. Anyway, you have done a fabulous job with your photos and your blog. I'm so happy for you and your family to have Resse home. Can't wait until I get to introduce Resse to our daughter at an FCC event.

Charity D in Little Rock

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance