Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Last day in Guangzhou.


Lucy's Cafe...oh my God, it's good.

The White Swan.


Using the shower head as a phone

Kai Jin and Sherry's cat...who puts up with a LOT

The view from the 3rd floor of the White Swan

Earlier today, yes that is the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants on the TV

Hollywood!

So, today is our last full day in Guangzhou. We leave for the airport at 5:45 am China time. Gah, that's early.

Pray that things go VERY smoothly and efficiently at Customs in Detroit.

Anyway, as I type, we are waiting for the delivery boy from Danny's Bagel who is bringing us pizza and mac and cheese. I have absolutely loved this trip (except for the day I was puking my guts up, obviously) and I honestly think that if Dad and my cats had come I wouldn't even care to go home. This is one of the only trips I've been on where going home wasn't the highlight. I haven't even really missed home, just Dad and my cats. Especially once we were in Guangzhou. Taiyuan was fairly boring. Not a whole lot to do and next to no one to talk to.

I have to warn everyone who will be at the airport that you most likely won't see the ham chop you've been seeing on here. Reese KaiJin (as we're calling her, she still doesn't respond to Reese...and sometimes not to Kai Jin, lol) has real stranger anxiety and it takes her a little while to warm up to people. We honestly don't know how she'll react. She could be solemn as a judge for a while and then open up as the time goes on. We just don't know. When things change, she gets very solemn looking. Today, we came back from the Consulate without the Moates, because they were heading on to the airport to fly out, and she asked where everyone was going and was very solemn all the way back to the hotel. She's goofing off and acting out now (we've had some discipline problems lately). So I'm just warning everyone, the little girl you see at the airport will be more like the little girl from the first couple of days I think, only attached to Mom. Also, she doesn't know her name is Reese. To her, she's Kai Jin, and the Reese thing is just now getting added to what we call her, but she doesn't react to it. At some point, it will click. It just hasn't yet.

She can now say 'bonk', 'chip', 'bye bye', 'okay', 'come here', and I'm sure there's others I can't think of right now.

2 comments:

Shawna Dobbs said...

I just have to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your blog. We brought our daughter home in July 2005 through Great Wall, and I saw your mom's post on the weblist and checked it out. YOu have done a fantastic job recording the trip, and you are a great big sister. It is nice to read about a trip where someone loved China as much as we did.
Shawna

insanemommy said...

I can tell you from experience that it may take her a while to get over the stranger anxiety. My baby Katie suffered terribly for about six months after we arrived home. To make matters worse she only wanted her mommy. Which I loved, but well, I needed a break too. Can't wait to continue following your story. Enjoy.

Your daughter is beautiful!

Rony

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance