Monday, April 28, 2008

Little Rock Feis '08


Dancing on stage.

Me and Reese walking towards the results.

Waiting to start onstage.

Reese wearing one of my medals.

Reese in her feis t-shirt, my medal (3rd place), her new poodle socks (which she is in love with), and her "noisy shoes" (her version of our hard shoes) in front of one of the stages.

My dance school, McCafferty School of Irish Dance, put on the Little Rock Feis on Saturday. It's been going on for several years, I'm not sure exactly how many, at least 6.

I competed in 7 competions, 4 in Advanced Beginner (level 2), 2 in Novice (level 3), and 1 was a 16 & Over 3 Hand, which is basically it's own level. I placed 4th in my treble jig, and 3rd in my slip jig.

Reese had a good time. She loves Irish dance. We bought an awesome Jeep Stroller (it's more lime-greeny than yellow in real life), which was one of the best investments we've ever made. We also bought some stroller hooks which made the stroller one of the best investments ever. It helped us carry everything. We had my dress bag, my bucket (a seat tat makes sitting easier with the kind of dress we wear), my purse, Mom's purse, my dance bag, and Reese's backpack on the hooks on the handle of the stroller and without Reese in it, it still stood upright solidly. We were very impressed. Of course, my water bottle, camera bag, and a lunch box were in the bucket on the bottom, but even when that was out, it stayed upright. It also fully reclined, and Reese took a good nap in it when her good nature went AWOL. She slept for about 2 hours.

We also bought Reese a pair of petite sized poodle socks (Irish dance socks). She loves them. Turns out she's been wanting a pair of socks like my dance socks for a while, I just thought she wanted to pull all of her socks up like mine do. Well, she does, but she also wanted some poodle socks. Like we do as Irish dancers, you either walk around pulling them up, or you do it the easy way. After Reese walked around for a while Saturday evening, we told her about the "easy way" and she wouldn't let go of it. So she now does it the way intelligent Irish dancers do- we glued them up on her legs. There's this marvelous thing called sock glue, somewhat similar to dress glue, bra glue, and gymnast's butt glue.

All in all, we had a great time.

Tomorrow is Reese's 11 month Gotcha Day anniversary. I can't believe it's been 11 months since we first saw that face in person. Wow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance