Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm Tired Of "Camping"...

And fortunately, it's over. We have power back. Hallelujah!

I've had my experience for quite some time of "camping"- no electricity, check; inclement weather, check; "wild" animals (a.k.a. my crazy cats), check. Fortunately, we had indoor plumbing and a really good "tent", a.k.a. our house, and a generator.

But we have power now. And live in civilization is back in tact, in my opinion. My grandma who lives next door told me that once they figured out where the mess-up was, it took them all of 15 minutes before power was back. 15 MINUTES!, and we went nearly 36 hours without power.

Oh well, the power is back. Life is back to normal. Things are good.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Glad you have electricity again. I have been thinking about you and your family and everybody else in the south while I have been enjoying the sunshine here. Mother Nature can be cruel at times. Two winters ago, we were without power for 5 days. It was awful. We didn't have a generator. We visited a neighbor with a generator and a fireplace to warm up and eventually went to a motel in a nearby town that had power. It is amazing how much we rely on electricity!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance