Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Southern Region Oireachtas 2009


Mom and Reese (in her new soft shoes, and my old wig, which is now Reese's)

Reese in her wig, with her new blankie

Me in our McCafferty School of Irish Dance group photo.
This past weekend, we flew down to Dallas, TX, for the Southern Region Oireachtas. Oireachtas is basically regionals in Irish dance. My dance teacher, Mrs. Judy McCafferty, was the SRO chairperson this year. We danced well, my 8 hand and 4 hand didn't place, but I danced the best I could and that's all I could do.

Reese also got her first pair of soft shoes this weekend. They're a size 9.5 UK. So tiny. She started taking Irish dance lessons back in August. She should compete for the first time at the Ozark Mountains Feis in Branson, in January. Ozark Mountains Feis is one of three feiseanna the McCafferty School of Irish Dance hosts.

Irish dance is a lot of fun. If you live in central Arkansas, or northwest Arkansas, and are interested, check out the McCafferty website. We have classes in Little Rock, Fort Smith, and Fayetteville, AR.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click to Visit the McCafferty School of Irish Dance